For curtain measurements:
- Width: Measure the length of the curtain pole or track excluding the decorative finials. If you don’t already have a pole, I recommend the width of the pole be 10-15cm wider than your window architrave / frame on either side, so 30 cm wider than the window opening. The height of the pole should be 10-20cm above your window.
- Drop: Measure from the bottom of the eyelet on the pole ring or track eyelet to the desired length of the curtain.
- For sill length curtains measure to 15cm below the window sill
- For floor length curtains, measure to the floor.
Any other special requirements and finishes, can be discussed over the phone or on email.
For roman blind measurements:
Option A ~ INSIDE RECESS
- Width: I recommend you measure the width in two places down the length of the window just in case the window narrows. Use the smaller of the two measurements and minus 1cm to allow the blind to move easily when opening and closing.
- Drop: Measure from the top of the recess of the window down to the sill, in two places along the width. Use the shorter of the two measurements.
Option B ~ OUTSIDE RECESS
- Width: Measure the width of the window opening, adding an extra 5cm on each side of the window to allow for an overlap.
- Drop: Measure a minimum of 5cm above the window recess down either to the sill if it extends outwards, or to the desired length if there is no sill. I would recommend a drop that extends up to 10cm below the window opening if there is no sill.
A photo of the window is very helpful, just to make sure there are no surprises once your blind is made.